One of the most popular SSL certificates, by far, is the Comodo Positive SSL certificate. This certificate is valid for domain only validation. It offers basic security at an extremely reasonable rate.
- 128/256 bit encryption
- Domain validated certificate***
- 2048 bit Industry Standard SSL Certificate
- Trusted by over 99.3% of current Internet users.
- Positive SSL certificate is the solution for new websites or environments where trust has been established and entity verification (for identity assurance) is not needed.
With the Comodo PositiveSSL certificate, when the SSL certificate is bought for example.com, it secures both example.com & www.example.com. It is NOT valid on subdomains. If you would like to secure additional subdomains, please consider our Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard.
The PositiveSSL is best used on websites that offer low volume e-commerce transactions, and may also be ideal for securing a private Intranet/Extranet that is in need of security features.
* SSL certificates must be installed on your web server. Therefore, an end-to-end SSL installation support should be performed by your hosting provider. Please contact their support for assistance with CSR generation and SSL installation.
** Selected orders can be flagged for an additional "Brand Validation" procedure by Certificate Authority. This is a necessary security measure. If the order is flagged for "Brand Validation", SSL issuance can be delayed for a time period deemed necessary by the Certificate Authority.